Thursday, January 6, 2011

Movies and Moods

Some categories of movies, in no particular order...

Movies to watch when I need a good cry:
I Am Sam
Simon Birch
Fried Green Tomatoes
The Notebook
Steel Magnolias
Up

Movies to watch when I need a good laugh: 
Elf
Zoolander
The Emperor's New Groove
Dumb and Dumber

Movies that inspire me: 
Freedom Writers
Invictus
Hotel Rwanda
Braveheart
The Shawshank Redemption

Movies I could watch over and over:
White Christmas (okay pretty much ALL of the musicals I was obsessed with during childhood :) 
Babies
Legally Blonde
Now and Then
Almost all Disney/Pixar movies

What would you add to these lists? What categories am I forgetting?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE a lot of the same movies...why oh why did we ever not watch these together! Hmmm...maybe when I come down there to visit :) I would add Princess Bride to my list on can watch over and over and over and over and over, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, yes! The Princess Bride is certainly on my "Watch Over and Over" list, too! Nice addition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADE! I just re-found this link. :) Not being on Facebook really puts me behind, so I wanted to see how Baby's cooking. I can't believe how close you are! Are you gonna hold her in until your birthday? hehe

    So there are very few movies that make me cry, but certainly the Notebook. Have you seen The Life Aquatic? That makes me cry like a little babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to email you my most current "belly picture," Emily! I am full term now, and feeling large and in-charge! ;) But no, I am not planning to keep her in past my birthday...fingers crossed that she will arrive in the first week of March.

    I have not seen The Life Aquatic...I'll have to add that one to my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete